Riddles in the Dark Digest 2.04

Riddles in the Dark Digest 2.04: “Legolas to the Rescue….or Not” on Riddles in the Dark Digest #2.04 Your friendly co-hosts Trish Lambert...

Your friendly co-hosts Trish Lambert and Laura Berkholtz once more sort through the responses to Riddles in the Dark Episode 2.04. How will Thorin and the dwarves meet up with the Mirkwood elves  in The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug? Will the elves free the dwarves from the spiderwebs? Or will Bilbo free them only to lead them into capture by the elves?  Will Thranduil and Legolas disagree about the fate of the dwarves?  We read and review analyst and listener predictions and comments on this subject and more.

Conundrum #2.04: Will the word Attercop or Tomnoddy be used by Bilbo in the spider fight in Mirkwood?

Download:  .mp3 (right click and choose “Save As…” to download)

Thanks to The Lonely Mountain Band for the use of their music in this podcast. The music we are using for both the intro and outro of the Digest is “The Anvil Procession” from the Songs of the Dwarves CD.

1. Tony Meade May 7, 2013 at 2:38 pm #

Hey guys,

Just a quick thing. I believe that Bilbo does in fact use the words “confusticate” and “bebother” during the Unexpected Party scene, right after the chides the dwarves for using his doilies as napkins because they are crochet, and Bofur says “Great game, if you have the balls for it.”

Check again, but I’m pretty sure he has that line there.

2. Laura Berkholtz May 7, 2013 at 7:44 pm #

Oh thanks Tony! I’ll check for that!

3. Steve Johnson May 22, 2013 at 9:06 pm #

Great Job with the podcasting and all the behind the scenes work Laura and Trish! I hope you all have like my Hobbit and Gandalf pankakes this months. I am willing to take requests for next week if any on wants to challange me. (My kids do it all the time).

Sincerely,

Steve Johnson LOTP

4. Laura June 6, 2013 at 1:16 am #

Oooh, Steve I am thinking Smaug. How about a Smaug pancake?

5. Trish June 6, 2013 at 8:17 am #

Radagast? Or perhaps Sebastian?

6. Halstein October 12, 2013 at 2:31 pm #

Yes. This is again an easy way to make book-fans happy. Details like these has little impact on the narrative, so I think there are only advantages to keeping it.

7. Halstein October 12, 2013 at 2:32 pm #

29. Halstein October 12, 2013 at 4:10 pm #

30. Halstein October 12, 2013 at 5:10 pm #

31. Halstein October 12, 2013 at 5:12 pm #

32. Halstein October 12, 2013 at 5:42 pm #

33. Halstein October 12, 2013 at 6:23 pm #

34. Halstein October 14, 2013 at 3:45 am #

I had some connection problems. And now all my attempts to comment have showed up. Could someone please remove the superfluous post (and this message)?

Halstein