The Mythgard Institute, in conjunction with the Middle-earth Network, is proud to announce the long-awaited launch of the Riddles in the Dark prediction game attached to the RITD podcast by Corey Olsen and Dave Kale.
We have invited guest analysts, hailing from some of the most popular Tolkien websites and podcasts on the Internet, to join us in competitive speculation about how The Hobbit will make its transition from beloved book to epic film. Every two weeks, Prof. Olsen and Dave will announce a new prediction question during an episode of the RITD podcast, and then our guest analysts will announce their predictions on their respective sites and podcasts. The following week, we will analyze their guesses on the RITD site and release audio clips of their discussions on the Tolkien Professor iTunes feed. All guesses will be aggregated in our giant prediction grid.
Joining Prof. Olsen and Dave as analysts will be:
- Mark Fisher, The Encyclopedia of Arda
- Arwen Kester, Middle-earth News (Twitter: @MiddleEarthNews, Facebook Page)
- Fr. Roderick Vonhögen, SQPN Secrets of The Hobbit Podcast (Twitter: @hobbitpodcast, Facebook Page)
- Merric and Goldenstar, A Casual Stroll to Mordor (Twitter: @strolltomordor, Facebook Page)
- John Di Bartolo, Lonely Mountain Band (Facebook Page)
- The Warriors of the Westfold Podcast from Middle-earth Network Radio
And we will announce some other exciting analysts in the weeks and months to come. Let the game begin!
You can learn more about Riddles in the Dark on the Mythgard site, subscribe to the podcast on the Tolkien Professor iTunes feed, and send us your own feedback and predictions via Twitter (to @tolkienprof and @davekale), as well as on the Tolkien Professor Facebook page.