Join the Tolkien Professor Corey Olsen, Dave Kale, Trish Lambert, and Laura Berkholtz for discussion of the third and final Hobbit film.
Registration links for live broadcasts are listed below by schedule date. Links to audio and/or video versions of the taped episodes are listed under past episodes. Audio versions are also available through The Tolkien Professor channel on iTunes.
Talk Amongst Yourselves….
There are several ways you can interact with RITD hosts and other listeners:
- When you attend the live broadcast, you can post comments and questions for the hosts within the Netmoot. At the same time, you can open this page and click on the bouncing Chat box here.
- If you listen to the podcast, or listened live but needed to do some mulling before commenting, you can post to our free forum. If you haven’t already registered to use the Mythgard Academy class forums, fill out the registration form and you’ll will get your own access to the forum.
- And, of course, there is still the Riddles in the Dark Predictions Facebook page.
Trying to Remember??
Do you want to go back to listen to any of the Year 1 and 2 episodes? Just search on “riddles in the dark” in the box at the top of the page and you’ll find past episodes. If you subscribe to The Tolkien Professor on iTunes, you can get back episodes there too.
That Great Music
The music we use in our episodes includes:
- “Expert Treasure Hunter” by the Lonely Mountain Band (RITD intro)
- “The Long Walk,” inspired by Bilbo’s own “there and back again” by RITD fan and wonderful musician Jim Dexter (RITD outro)
- “The Sevenfold Meeting” by the Lonely Mountain Band (RITDS intro)
- “Long Forgotten Gold” by the Lonely Mountain Band (RITDS outro)
Many thanks to John Di Bartolo and Jim Dexter for permission to use their tunes.
Riddles in the Dark Year 3 Schedule
Episode 3a Desolation of Smaug – Reactions and Thoughts Live: Friday, January 10
Episode 3b Desolation of Smaug – Analysis of 3 Main Plot Lines Live: Friday, January 24
Bonus Pronunciation Guide
Episode 3.16 The End – Year 3 in Review Live: Friday, September 5 at 10:00 am (Eastern Time)
Here ends the Riddles in the Dark game, forever. Game participants will submit their answer sheets prior to the next live episode.
Postgame Episode 1 Live: Friday, September 19 at 10:00 am (Eastern Time)
Postgame Episode 4 Friday, October 31
Bonus Episode: The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug Extended Edition Analysis
Postgame Episode 6 Friday, November 28
Postgame Episode 7 Friday, December 12
BotFA Debrief #1 Thursday, December 18, 9:30 pm Eastern Time
BotFA Debrief #2 Saturday, December 20,10:00 am Eastern Time
Riddles in the Dark the Epilog
Riddle Run-through #1 Friday, January 23, 10:00 am Eastern Time
Riddle Run-through #2, Friday February 13, 10:00 am Eastern Time
Riddle Run-through #3, Friday March 6, 10:00 am Easter Time
Want to Be More Involved?
Love Riddles in the Dark? Want to keep supporting the work that Mythgard Institute (not to mention our amazing students and faculty) does to keep fantasy and other imaginative literature going strong? Consider making your own recurring donation today using PayPal.
Want to know more about the folks bringing you the Riddles in the Dark podcast series and predictions? Read the press release – and learn about our pundits here.